June 2, 2010

Plan A

This outfit is kind of a rip-off, well... let's just call it "heavy inspiration", k? I've had this dress for awhile and I adore the print but it's just so darn short, tight and strapless! I'm such a prude too so I really don't know how the dress ended up in my wardrobe (though it does explain why I've only worn the dress once before!). Anyways, I was doing some internet trolling last night and found this adorable photo of a girl wearing a very short romper and as a jacket she'd worn a men's chambray shirt. Light bulb moment! I have a long denim shirt!! So I was all giddy this morning to test out the shirt as jacket and see if I would feel less exposed. Thankfully, I did. Yes! 

Dress: H&M
Shirt: Joe
Shoes: Pierre Hardy for Gap
Belt: Thrifted
Necklace: From the Earth
Assorted Bangles


I just want to say a huge Thank You for all the amazing comments yesterday. They meant the World to me. I usually try to keep things light on here but it was just one of those days and I needed to let it out. Thanks for listening and being so sweet. I heart you! 

Lovely: Strangers on the street smiling and saying "Hi". So simple. So smile inducing. 
love
xxx


Yup. Not looking forward to actually making the deck. BUT am really looking forward to the finished product! 

20 comments:

  1. They say imitation is greatest form of flattery...and this outfit is adorable. I love the sweetness of the flowers offset by some serious leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love those lightbuld moments when it comes to outfits :) such an awesome feeling. I love the print on the dress.

    http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, great inspiration and glad it worked out so well! YAY!

    Deck season is upon us... get movin' ;)

    A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

    PS - looooooove the outfit in the last post, looks great.

    pps - sry I've been MIA on the comments, ugh, I cannot access most blogs from work anymore (argh!) and my evenings have been so busy. Excuses excuses. AND your necklace, it's coming, I'm sorry for the delay, Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea. It looks great! :) Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the denim shirt really went well with the floral dress!! i've been seeing this in other bloggers too and i totally want to reinvent it. the only thing is i dont have a denim shirt yet! hahaha!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get inspiration from other blogs all the time. I love this look! Layering with belts always looks so cute and put together. And I always love seeing those shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit, you're smile is beautiful! And this is a big inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you're browsing and the solution to a problem just jumps out at you. It looks great on you too, the belt really brings it all together for me. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow great look, i love looking for inspiration on the internet. i love the two colours together of the romper and the jacket looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this look, i like the combinations dress - shirt-shoes...lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is beautiful on you! I love to see your amazing long legs!

    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea! And perfect that it makes you feel more comfortable in your adorable dress. I want to go out and buy a chambray shirt now!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. why do you look so gorgeous all the time?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVELY! And fabulous lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this! that is the PERFECT denim shirt that i'm hunting for...hmmmm! you even tied your belt so expertly chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I loveee when I come across an image of a girl wearing something that I could pull off right from my own closet. That's the best! You look amazing, per usual! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is such a cute outfit! I love the denim top with that! I also love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad this worked out so well for you! Nothing wrong with heavy inspiration from your favorite bloggers. Especially when the ideas look as cute as this does!

    -Weezy from http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make my day! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails