May 25, 2010

Fidelity

As these photos will attest to, it's a tad windy outside! And due to the recent rise in blogger/camera accidents I decided to not bring Fernando (the camera) outside with me. Instead. These were taken with him, on his tri-pod, peering out of a window. Hah! So much for composition, focus or even me being in half the photos (I do have some lovely shots of the neighbor's yard on the other hand!)... needless to say, I would not recommend this photography strategy! BUT at least Fernando is safe and sound again and completely intact.

Louise/Fernando: 1     Wind: 0     :)


Anyways, with it being so blah outside I wanted to brighten things up a bit, so I put on my prettiest skirt; It's high waisted, bright and satin. Take that gloom! To dress it down a bit for the day I paired it with a plain tee and a large, comfy scarf. I don't know if I'll ever get bored of wearing "evening" clothes during the day with very non-fancy things. It just feels so bad ass! 

Tee: American Apparel
Skirt and Scarf: Le Chateau
Shoes: Liz Claiborne
Belt: Vintage
Lovely Thing: Hearing a song that completely transports you back to a specific moment in your life and relishing the memories all over again! The slow song from a Grade 8 sock-hop, the song that was playing the first time you drove or the song that you and your best friends used to make up dances for! Smile at the memories! 


love
xxx

14 comments:

  1. Ok so my question is...how in the world did you get the camera to take the pics?? Self Timer and run outside...or a remote??
    Love this outfit...a fun print in happy colours always brigtens my day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha actually, it was reaching through the window and pushing the button for the timer. So ghetto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit and am totally going to steal this look very soon - hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL 'Fernando' !? LOVE IT!

    Gloomy day, 'eh? Aw bummer. Doesn't look like it though! (impressive shots thru a window, btw!!)

    It's been sooooo hot here the past four days or so. Seriously sweltering. Today after leaving the soon-to-be highly-air-conditioned building I work in, I couldn't help but smile as I drove home thinking about how good the heat felt on my skin. However, halfway home and I was SWEATING and enjoying it less. Mind you, not enough to put on the A/C ;)

    A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahaha! I love the bit about "due to the recent rise in blogger/camera accidents..." RIP, my little camera, but helloooo new camera I bought tonight. I haven't tested it out yet, but hopefully I will love it! Anyway, back to the important stuff: you look adorable!! I looooove this skirt, it's so, so pretty! And hoorah to being sisters from another mother, some sort of chambray tutu twins? Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wind is the enemy when taking outfit pictures! I'm lucky if I get one decent picture when it's windy. Haha it's funny you mention the camera accidents. I hadn't even had my new Nikon for 24 hours, and I dropped it on the ground when trying to screw it onto my tripod. It took two months to get it fixed and an empty wallet. I thought I was the only klutz with cameras :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaww!!! you look adorable! i love that skirt!! so pretty! :D i love the shoes too!! :D

    and yes, i can totally relate to the winds today!! wow, they were super strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute skirt!! love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt and the booties :)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, I hope you continue reading! As soon as Google stops being dumb, I will be a follower :D

    http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That skirt is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your floral skirt is so lovely, perfect for brightening up any windy day! Love the whole outfit. You look fabulous, as always. :)

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS skirt! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this outfit is so darling! I love the floral skirt and the scarf! Great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely skirt! I am so happy you paired it with a gray t-shirt. I approve this choice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make my day! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails