June 16, 2011

DIY Time! Fancy Friendship

I think I've become obsessed with making stuff. It's the most rewarding feeling to look at something you've created, especially if you actually like it, and know that you put it together. It might be something small like braiding thread around a chain, or something big like assembling a bookcase and not crying//punching a hole in the wall in the process. Either way- Awesome. 
So when I saw this DIY Tutorial from Honestly...WTF I knew I had to try it. The embroidery thread was the easy part to track down, the chain link bracelet- not so much, apparently mainstream finds them "gaudy" (which I did too, up until I wanted one for this DIY). I ended up finding a chainlink necklace in Ardene's, keeping it classy naturally, and decided the bracelet would become a wrap one (with a tail).
Now, I'm no teacher, and since I would just be butchering the clear and easy-to-follow instructions that Lauren and Erica put together I'm just going to direct you over there if you want to see how I did this. It really wasn't hard, a little more tricky than the hex nut bracelet, but I finished mine in about an hour and it would've been less had I been able to find an actual chain link bracelet. 
I'm quite happy with it, the perfect pop of cheerful colour to add to basic outfits, plus it doubles as a friendship bracelet for classy adults. Guess what my besties are getting in their stockings this year! ;)
love
xxx

11 comments:

  1. i saw this on 'h, wtf' a while back but i haven't found the bracelet yet! i can't wait to try it! :) yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I just need to find gold bracelets...

    Well done!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so much prettier than the friendship bracelets I made as a kid- I'm not much better at DIYs now than I was then, but this tutorial is really tempting me try, because the result is so cute!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well done!! I am so impressed with your DIY's! This bracelet is so pretty, love the colors you chose...
    xo Cara
    http://www.afashionloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous Louise. I'm too lazy to make stuff myself so if you make one for me i'll buy it off of you- hehe! Hope that all is well! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty! Definitely better than the friendship bracelets I tried to make. The chain is a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awsome ! I will try it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is gorgeous- I'll definitely have to try it :) you have a lovely blog! xx

    stylefashionvintagebaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the bracelet! i've done that diy too, and the finished bracelet is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwwww... Love it! I've seen similar chain & threads/leather/whatever a lot lately, and I thought they're not worth buying, and now I know I can re-create a similar look with things I've already had! Thanks for the post!

    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make my day! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails