August 25, 2010

No Talking


No Talking- The Zolas
With so many of my friends heading back to school right away, and this crisp fall breeze we've been having, I felt like wearing a "first day of school outfit". That was always my favorite thing about going back to school and even though it's been a few years since I've actually sat in a classroom I decided to get all dressed up and pretend I was!
I dug out some favorites from last fall; my old leopard print cardigan, grey knee highs and the desert boots I stumbled upon. The only problem is that now I have even more items that I need to add to my wishlist (see list at right). How awesome would this leopard print look with an emerald coloured shirt or skirt?? Augh. My poor bank account.
Cardigan- Rickis (circa 2003)
Shorts- Smart Set
Boots- Liz Claiborne via Winners
Cami- Forever 21
Purse and Necklace- Thrifted
Belt- Vintage
Socks- Dollarama (hah!)

I guess I am going back to school...kinda. I'm taking a photography class this fall (a legit one), and will be studying fashion 101 (self-directed. It involves reading 10 magazines per month. Very advanced and challenging). I love learning and actually do miss school. I never really understood why everyone complained about it so much. I think I'll always be a nerd in that respect!
Anyways, much love and hugs to all the other nerds out there too!
xxx

15 comments:

  1. I love love love that cardigan! How cute and perfect for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cardi! Haha, and your description of your fashion 101 course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh your cardigan is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen it before. And I see that your boots are another Winners find. Hmph! I'm so jealous. That's so exciting about your photography class!! You'll have to give me some tips. And if you ever need someone to study Fashion 101 with, I'm your girl!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of those socks with those shoes! I love taking classes...if you're doing a self-study Fashion class, maybe share what you're looking at with us? :D T'would be terribly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous25.8.10

    love the socks with the boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thank you for such a sweet comment, Louise! Honestly it made my day!! :)

    This is such a cute look- for back-to-school or whenever ;) Those shorts are really great and i can't believe those socks came from dollarama! lol i am so hitting up the socks next time i'm there, score!

    and good luck with 10 magazines in a month! sounds like a grueling course load! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you look adorable! Absolutely love your shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hm. You reminded me that I have to think about my first day of school outfit... anyway this outfit is really cute! I hope you have lots of fun at your photography class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shoes!! You're killing me with your finds from Winners. That place is amazing.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are absolutely the CUTEST! What a fun outfit and those boots are making me weak in the knees. You look awesome. And this idea is so fun. Now I want to go home and pick out a "first day of school" outfit (even though I haven't been in school for years). Thanks for the inspiration!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute shoes and cardigan hun!!!! great back to school outfit!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit! im going back to college to do a night class in photogrpahy so i have an excuse to pick out a back to school outfit! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love old fashion books!! great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so nostalgic this time of year. No more first day of school's for me. Doesn't mean I can't still get in on back to school shopping, right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, these pictures are so fun!
    Those shoes are great! Ah Winners, always a deal to be found.

    A for school, I kind wished I was going back too! Well, that and if I was about 10 years younger, man i'd pay way mor attention this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make my day! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails