April 19, 2010

Burn to Shine



My parents and I went out for a casual supper last night for my Dad's Birthday and after sitting out in the gorgeous sun all day I couldn't bring myself to wear anything other than a short skirt! These are all really old pieces in this outfit, but I liked the blues together and it was very comfy. I'm telling myself that sometimes it's ok to not be making a huge fashion statement! 




Shirt: Smart Set
Skirt: Roxy
Shoes: Aldo
Belt: Vintage
Earrings: Le Chateau
Assorted Bangles (as per usual!)


I don't quite know why but I've felt super scatter brained today. I hate when that happens! I've been checking my planner every 5 min. thinking that I'm forgetting something, so far I haven't but man, it's tiring trying to think of what you've forgotten! 


I was supposed to be house sitting for the parents this week (they live on an acreage, so this also includes taking care of the many animals... a full-time job in itself). And I was actually quite excited to have a house to myself again (minus said animals). I was also planning some better photo shoots in the fields. However, the flight was cancelled because of the Iceland Volcano. I can't even imagine how rough that would be if you were over in Europe and unable to come back home. The magnitude of this is crazy.


And, that had nothing to do with fashion. Sorry! On that note, I hope you have a lovely, wonderful (non-forgetful) day!


love
xxx

5 comments:

  1. A real man eater pencil skirt you have here! Love those shoes
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha The Looking Glass took my comment! j/k This is so so cute. The bluish hues look amazing. I love love blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the blues you put together. Being fashionable doesn't always mean making a "fashion statement," you're right--you can get stares just be doing something simple and RIGHT. You look fabulous, and if I saw you on the street in that, I'd definitely give you a double-take!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! I must say, you have great legs :) Way to show them off! Those shoes are soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the blue on blue outfit with those adorable wedge peep toe heels! I think it's making a great statement. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make my day! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails