March 3, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing



Woke up this morning to this gorgeous frost (I think it's called whore frost...but I can't say that without snickering!)and I bugged my sister to come for a walk with me to take pics outside. This plan was better in theory. The problem is that it's hard to explain what kind of photos to take to someone who doesn't do this whole daily outfit thing! I was all "no...no...I need a close up of the patterns, take a picture of my stomach!" (cue confused/Louise-has-lost-it look from sister). Needless to say I had to take a few filler shots when I got home. The walk was nice though, maybe a touch too cold still (c'mon spring!).


I'm still not 100% loving this outfit, I think it's the boxiness of the shirt. hmmm. I felt like looking bright and happy today though and I liked how the tights and top clash, so in those ways it worked. The buttons on the back of the skirt also make my heart melt. I wish wish wish we had a Top Shop here (well I really wish we had anywhere decent to shop in my town if we're being truthful!). I got this skirt when I was in England last year and it still makes me smile every time I wear it...awesome skirt!




Top (actually a tunic) and Coat: Le Chateau
Tulip Skirt: Top Shop
Tights: Joe
Shoes: Anne Klien
Boots (in outside shots): Aldo
Belt: Gap
Necklace: Gift


(apparently Binx does NOT like photo shoots)
Also, THANK YOU!! I completely thought I'd be some mad lady writing about my outfits everyday for only myself to read! You should have seen my happy dance when I found out that people (other than my family and friends who have guns to their backs...hi Bron and Sarah!) actually read this!! All your comments are so sweet and thank you for the encouragement, I'm so excited to keep this going!
love
xxx


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3.3.10

    Your skirt IS awesome! I love the buttons in the back!
    your oufit is lovley, and so is your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt and cat! You look a bit like Blake Lively, but I'm sure you hear that all the day long. Cute blog :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, i know what you mean with stores being non existent here in manitoba! aackk!!

    anyway, i love those tights! i just got them last week from joe too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore those polka dotted tights. Must look up this "Joe" phenomenon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please give your cat my apologies for laughing him off your lap when you read my blog. The best compliment indeed. Mya I say..your skirt is fantastic, really fantastic. Haha, and I just booked a plane ticket two days ago to go to Manitoba. You have no idea how thrilled I am to find one stylish person who lives there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just randomly came across a picture of yours on weardrobe and thought to myself that your tights looked alot like my Joe Fresh ones...so I had to check out your blog to see if you are Canadian..and sure enough you are. I'm quite thrilled to be slowly finding more Canadian Fashion Bloggers...your blog is lovely, as is your style! It's so nice to know that there are other girls in small communities all over Canada dressing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE the skirt! The buttons are beautiful...it's the bees knees!

    Give my love to Binx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I can assure you there is no gun pointed at my back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make my day! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails